AnsweredAssumed Answered

After installing the new 17.2.1 driver I can't connect to the internet

Question asked by confusedmongrel on Mar 22, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2017 by gantzmaster

Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting in community boards so don't eat me alive please.

I currently have the 16.12.1 version installed, and updating to 17.2.1 driver kills my connection to the internet whether it be through ethernet or wireless. I should note that it doesn't disconnect me right away. After installing the driver, I could play the new Mass Effect Andromeda through Origin, suggesting that I still had internet, also considering that I was still also able to open my web browser and surf the web. After I turned off my computer for the night, and came back to it in the morning only when I booted it up again was I not able to connect to the internet.

My computer recognizes both, saying that the device is working, and suggests that there might be an issue with the drivers. I updated my drivers for both, yet alas to no avail.

The only way I get internet back is through rollbacks to before I installed the driver.

I've read that whitelisting fixes the issue, but I tried to do that with Windows Firewall and I disabled my Norton as well and still no luck. Maybe I'm doing this wrong?

I've also taken a look at my ports, which seems to be open (either listening,established or time_wait).

Please help me out! I know a little about computers but this is beyond what I know.

Let me know if I'm missing anything!

Here are my specs.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Desktop

Motherboard: ASUS - M5A97 R2.0

Radeon Software Version: 16.12.1

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 2301, 1/6/2014

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/06/14 10:29:55 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor              (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Ethernet: Intel(R) Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (HIS 3gb) Codename: Tahiti

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6798)

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: L204WT

Outcomes