12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2017 4:10 AM by gantzmaster

After installing the new 17.2.1 driver I can't connect to the internet

confusedmongrel

Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting in community boards so don't eat me alive please.

I currently have the 16.12.1 version installed, and updating to 17.2.1 driver kills my connection to the internet whether it be through ethernet or wireless. I should note that it doesn't disconnect me right away. After installing the driver, I could play the new Mass Effect Andromeda through Origin, suggesting that I still had internet, also considering that I was still also able to open my web browser and surf the web. After I turned off my computer for the night, and came back to it in the morning only when I booted it up again was I not able to connect to the internet.

My computer recognizes both, saying that the device is working, and suggests that there might be an issue with the drivers. I updated my drivers for both, yet alas to no avail.

The only way I get internet back is through rollbacks to before I installed the driver.

I've read that whitelisting fixes the issue, but I tried to do that with Windows Firewall and I disabled my Norton as well and still no luck. Maybe I'm doing this wrong?

I've also taken a look at my ports, which seems to be open (either listening,established or time_wait).

Please help me out! I know a little about computers but this is beyond what I know.

Let me know if I'm missing anything!

Here are my specs.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Desktop

Motherboard: ASUS - M5A97 R2.0

Radeon Software Version: 16.12.1

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 2301, 1/6/2014

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/06/14 10:29:55 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor              (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Ethernet: Intel(R) Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (HIS 3gb) Codename: Tahiti

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6798)

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: L204WT