0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 8:04 AM by g.j.m

amd  athlon 64x2 dual core 4600+

g.j.m

Hi , over the last couple of years I have been running Pro tool express only to find that now it is no longer supported and basically rendered useless. It wont run correctly (ie. missing plug-ins)  with Windows 7 or at all with Windows 10.

I am using a desktop computer with a fully updated version of Windows 7 Professional SP1 with an AMD Athlon 64x2Dual core processor 4600+ 2.41 GHz and 4 gig of Ram.

I am then instructed by Avid to download 'Pro tools First ' only to that this new ‘First’ version will not run correctly either.

I contacted Avid again , part of their reply was ' Really sorry about that. AMD processors have traditionally not provided us with reliable performance so have not qualified them '

Surely there is a driver or patch that can be used to overcome this problem. I would really appreciate some help on this as I have been battling with this problem for weeks now

G.J.Moulder

Ps I have tried to update drivers for this processor from the AMD site but no luck