6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 9:33 AM by ajlueke

Radeon dual graphics problem

ramtin243

hello

i've bought an aspire E5-553G recently and now i have some problem with detecting my graphic. i tried AMD software , additional graphic setting and power option, Bios , ... and none of them didn't work , it's a very bad problem that u can't use your main graphic !!

I can only use my primary graphic in games , it's just use 512mb of memory size and I can't even use my R8 m445DX with 2048mb memory

and in last upgrade of AMD software my linked card graphic changed to R7 m340!

what should I do ? 

• Re: Radeon dual graphics problem
          ajlueke

Hello!

Can you let us know what version of the AMD driver you currently have installed?  Your notebook should also have shipped with a restore CD, allowing you to restore the system to factory defaults.  Make sure to backup all your files to an external drive first.  I would then set the UEFI to default as well.  Once you have done that, your system should be back up and running in the default state.   From that point on, only update drivers with versions from Acers website as opposed to those directly from AMD.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              ramtin243

Hi

yes , I've installed version 17.2.1 directly from AMD website with auto detecting , but it updated as another graphic ( R7 m340)

when I updated from device manager it changed to right one but with an older version ( R8 M445DX , version 16.6 )

unfortunately I haven't my restore CD , should I restore my windows anyway ?

ajlueke

It sounds like the R8 M445DX isn't the actual name of your video card, that designation simply refers to the combination of R5 graphics in your A10 APU and the R7 video card.  Likely the R7 m340 video card you see is correct.  I imagine that after you install drivers from AMD site you will always see radeon r5 + r7 m340 in device manager

Check your dual graphics status in Radeon settings>Settings>Additional settings(it should be enabled).  As long as that is the case you should be good to go.

If you aren't seeing both the R5 and R7 graphics in device manager, you can try rolling back your drivers to older versions until the problem is resolved.  Older drivers can be found here.

Previous

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                benman2785

once and forever -> USE ONLY OEM GIVEN DRIVER FOR YOUR NOTEBOOK -> means: only the driver from your Laptop-OEM will work with all features available -> asks them to provide an update for a newer version of catalyst/crimson/relive

1 of 1 people found this helpful