2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 7:28 AM by onimuru

Crash

onimuru

I was having frame rate issues with Tom Clancy's The Division and I upped the power supply and fan speed to try and compensate. Since doing this I can only play for like 15 minutes and the game will CTD with no errors. I have run DDU and done a fresh install of Radeon drivers with and without settings but the problem persists. I examined my card and it doesn't appear to be burnt anywhere from what I can see. I also ran FurMark (FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZo… ) stress test and that was fine, temp went up to 86 with max fan speed.

My hardware:

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series

Device ID - 67B1

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 2015

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1462

Revision ID - 80

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x4

BIOS Version - 015.048.000.062

BIOS Part Number - MS-V30823-F5

BIOS Date - 2015/05/21 04:11

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Memory Clock - 1500 MHz

Core Clock - 1040 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 384 GByte/s

Memory Bit Rate - 6.00 Gbps

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

What do you think my problem is and what can I do about it? I can't even run Division on low graphics now.

• Re: Crash
          arcticwind

The problem may not be with your GPU.  Does the rest of your system meet the minimum system requirements for the game?

System Requirements / The Division Zone

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

• Re: Crash
              onimuru

Sorry, I didn't read that.

Desktop PC

Card: AMD R9 390 Series

Display: 2 x Acer monitors

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz 8 core

Power: Corsair RM850 850W

RAM: 4x 4G DDR5

I have been playing this game for some time on high settings. With one of their recent patches I started getting FR drops in certain areas (even on low settings) and so I screwed around with the Wattman settings.I've obviously broken something. As I said previously I removed the driver completely and reinstalled but is it possible there is somewhere else the settings are saved because the problem only seems to exist with Division. I ran FurMark twice and if the GPU were the issue, that ought to cause a crash right?