1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 6:40 PM by xfxsupport

XFX RX 470. Playing DOOM, my card will not use OpenGL 4.5 and will use OpenGL 4.3. It will not boot up at all under Vulkan.

m599

I have tried playing DOOM recently on my PC. But When I set my API to Vulkan I always get a crash error no matter what I do, and when I set it to OpenGL 4.5, the game uses 4.3. I have tried to do a clean install of my drivers but I just don't know what's wrong with it

• Re: XFX RX 470. Playing DOOM, my card will not use OpenGL 4.5 and will use OpenGL 4.3. It will not boot up at all under Vulkan.
          xfxsupport

hello,

We're sorry you are having trouble.  I dont believe this is a software issue, but a simple driver conflict.  we should try this version of a clean install.

Tutorial for proper driver installation.

1-Load windows with only your primary graphics card plugged in.

2-Disable any and ALL anti-virus/malware protection.

3-Download and Run the latest drivers from AMD.com (Omega drivers do not have Uninstall built in, you have to do it through add/remove, which is okay)

1. 3.5. AMD now has a nice Uninstall tool which should work as a better alternative-  http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

4-Choose to Uninstall/express (may not be available in newest version, download an older version) the existing drivers, and AMD folder

5-Restart the computer.

6-Disable any and ALL anti-virus/malware protection.

7-Run the latest drivers from AMD.com

8-Choose to Install/Express the drivers

9-Restart.  Confirm settings are working in windows.

10-Shutdown and add 2nd/3rd cards for Xfire.

11-Respond to this ticket if you have any further questions

** If you have nvidia drivers on your computer, you might need to run the Uninstall feature of Nvidias driver as well.

If you want to send it in for warranty testing, please make a ticket at xfxsupport.com

Mark at XFX

1 of 1 people found this helpful