5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 9:06 AM by t4g0r

Thread stuck in device driver (BSOD)

gnarkillz

Hi - just completed a new PC build and my computer keeps reboot after few mins with the thread stuck in device driver BSOD. I have tried to install my display drivers, but it freezes before it completes install. Tried to install in safe mode, but its wont let me, because they say its not "signed". Disable the driver signature enforcement, still wont install. I checked my memory and everything is fine. I read through all the prior threads and non of the suggestions are working. The video card is a Radeon RX480. Can anyone take a look at the .dmp files? I am at a complete loss.

http://www.filedropper.com/desktop-eojm0so-sat0318201711342200

Summary

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

AMD FX-8350 10 °C

Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM

32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-990FX-GAMING (CPU 1) 26 °C

Graphics

P244W (1920x1080@64Hz)

ATI Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (XFX Pine Group)

Storage

465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 26 °C

2794GB Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA)) 32 °C

Optical Drives

ATAPI iHAS324 B

Audio

AMD High Definition Audio Device

• Re: Thread stuck in device driver (BSOD)
          gnarkillz

Hi Matt,

I am still getting the "Error 99 - AMD Installer cannot continue because the driver being installed has not been digitally signed" error when trying to install in safe mode. My computer wont start up in the normal boot. Get the "Thread Stuck in Device Driver (BSOD)".

Thanks,

Bryant

t4g0r

Firsly delete video card drivers in safe mode. Then you can boot to normal mode. From there you should no longer have trouble installing them. If the error persists however, open boot options and select the mode that disables driver signature check. Again, this will boot you into normal mode, just with DS disabled, so you need to be sure that video card drivers are deleted

reddog

Is this a win 10 problem ??  I started getting the same BSOD's a couple of days ago, usually while watching Youtube in firefox, to the point where windows is unusable due to the constant crashing.  Installing older drivers (15.11) seemed to fix the problem but they eventually caused crashes.  I tried a clean win 10 install and latest 17.3.3 drivers, 17.1.2,  16.12.1 all of which cause 'thread stuck' BSOD loops.  The only thing that seemed to make a difference was to uninstall the latest windows updates,  Package_for_RollupFix and Package_for_KB4013418.  Every time i end up in recovery mode options these 2 updates are there.

I dual boot Ubuntu and it runs fine using the AMD 16.60 Ubuntu drivers so i don't think its a hardware issue.

My pc specs are Windows 10 64bit Education, Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z270mx, I5 7600K, Sapphire R9 390, 16gB DDR4 RAM.