10 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2017 7:57 AM by amdmatt

Need an updated driver of Radeon HD 6670

ashiqur_ovi

My game requires driver version 16.30 (minimum) to play.But there is no update of driver after 16.2.1

• Re: Need an updated driver of Radeon HD 6670
          amdmatt

The HD6xxx series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

If neither of those drivers are compatible with that game, you'll need to buy a more recent graphics card. I would be happy to provide you with a recommendation if you can provide your current specs including PSU, and details of what games and resolution you'll be using.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Need an updated driver of Radeon HD 6670
              jensnig

Hi amdmatt,

I was intrigued by your answer to ashiqur because I seem to have a similar problem. Perhaps you can give me a hint or some recommendation. Here is my problem:

Since 2013, I have been using a powerful PC for office applications (no gaming) with two BenQ 24" monitors BL 2411 PT with 1920 x 1200 resolution, 16:10 format. My Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 worked fine. Now I have added a third monitor via HDMI to the system: BenQ 27" monitor PD 2700 Q with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 16:9 format. This third monitor was successfully identified by Windows 10, and I can use it alright. The only problem is that I cannot get the system for this monitor to recognize any higher resolution than 1920 x 1080. I simply don't get its native resolution of 2560 x 1440.

As I had the suspicion that this might be due to a limitation of my graphics card, I would be happy to buy a more powerful version if that would solve the problem. Could you help me by giving some advice? I should really appreciate that.

Jens