6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 10:36 AM by moneyspider98

GTA V need help with APU

moneyspider98

I have a HP af008ax laptop with these configurations.

2.2 GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics 512mb and another r5m330 graphics card with 2gb memory .

Please help with this issue as we just purchased a new laptop with these configuration's and its like impossible to play games on this laptop. its not with one game but is with every 3rd old game i play made before 2016,and these are the games that are meant to be played on laptops with such configurations .

And getting no support from amd is very disappointing in this case as we can not blame all the other games .

Please look into this matter as this is not just happening with one game but with all the games .

I hope i can get a reply for this as we do not have any option for playing games on this laptop all new games are not supported the one we like does not work . And i think we have intelligent people those who can get a solution for this problem as well.

Games not able to play on APU.

Please AMD , Please HELP.....

ex: Nfs hot pursuit 10 , Gta v , Gta 4 .

• Re: GTA V need help with APU
          black_zion

No, those are very CPU intensive games, and that laptop has a slow CPU which does not meet the minimum requirements of GTA 5:

Grand Theft Auto V PC System Specs – Rockstar Support

Minimum specifications:
          OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
          Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
          Memory: 4GB
          Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
          Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
          HDD Space: 65GB
          DVD Drive

Plus your graphics is quite weak. That laptop is not meant for gaming, if you want to play games, return it and purchase a better equipped laptop.

moneyspider98

specs i am using .

Processor:2.2 GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 APU

Memory: 4GB

Video Card: Amd r5 512mb and linked r5 m330 2gb

Sound card: 100% Direct X 11 and 12 compatible.

HDD Space: 1 TB

DVD Drive : Available.

And the problem is with the game that the game is only using one chip at the time of startup and is not capable of shifting it to anpther chip in between so there is a way we can force system to use the 2gb chip instead of 512mb one.

kingfish

These are the correct driver choices for the laptop > APU  It is the only graphics driver you install.

Here's how to install them > Laptop graphics update...How to

Here's how to use switchable/Enduro graphics > How to Configure Laptop Switchable Graphics

You must have your laptop plugged in, computer power plan set to 'High Performance', and any manufacturers power saving app disabled.

black_zion

Incorrect, the Phenom 9850 is 29% faster than the A8-7410, so again, your laptop does not meet the minimum requirements of GTAV. Also, your R5 M330 is not as fast as a HD 4870, and even with the much weaker APU graphics combined and even if there were 100% linear scaling, which it's not as it's more along the lines of 65%, it STILL wouldn't be as fast as a HD 4870, so call me dumb all you want, it won't change the fact that your machine does not meet the minimum requirements of GTAV.

moneyspider98

Sir , i am sorry for the rude reply and please try to understand the level of frustration i have been going through due to this new machine i bought ,if i ever had an experience with the amd chips i would have never gone for such a low spec chip .

i even though it would be capable to run games i ran on my old dell machine which only had a i3 processor and a weak intel hd 3000 graphics chips because on this one i am not able to play games like hot pursuit 2010 which run perfect on those with a little lag and in that thought i purchased the machine that at-least i will be able to play those but i am not able to select the r5 m330 card there as well and now the whole money had gone to waist . And again am sorry and really appreciate that out of all atleast you took the pain to research for this and spent your time and replied to my post .