8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2017 1:18 AM by staggeredsix

White Black Ryzen

staggeredsix

Description

Update to my White and Black build base off the 9590. Warning, 9 meg .gif present in post.

This new build is my take on the Ryzen platform. Normally I wouldn't go this deep into a build with such expensive parts and the amount of work put into the water loop. Since this is a milestone in AMD's processor tech I wanted to have a little celebration of my own. The build is now hardline tubing using Primochill Revolver SX fittings, Primochill White opaque coolant with red and yellow dyes. The resovior is a CTR Phase 2 with a Primochill D5 pump. You can see a theme here. Primochill was awesome enough to provide the tubing and bending cord as a small sponsorship of this build. A huge thanks goes out to them!! I've been using Primochill products for a very long time. The motherboard, an Asus Crosshair VI Hero, was by far the hardest part to get ahold of. The design of the board and the strength of the Crosshair series was a no brainer choice. You will notice bright orange RAM filling the DDR4 slots. These were painted to match the Ryzen logo color scheme. The RAM I chose was G.Skill V 2400. G.Skill has been one of my top choices in a lot of my builds because of the compatibility and stability I've enjoyed. It was a winning choice again as the Crosshair 6 started up without a problem during my boxtop test. Once again, recycled from the previous build, a  GTX 970 with an EK water block fills PCIE slot one. (AMD employees out there -- send me your beat up review reference 480s 8 gigs and I'll incorporate them in here with blocks. ) Moving on to storage I've moved over the SSD array, nothing exciting here. Last but not least. RBG Hadouken. If anything is going to be over the top for me it will be case lighting. At first I didn't know if it was going to be my thing... but when I was first starting to build we had CCFLs. These things were turds. They were expensive and for the most part... barely worked. The Crosshair 6 has these built in RGB pins so I was like "What the heck, why not go for it?" I'm glad I did. The build is not yet totally complete and I'll update this post but I wanted folks to get a gander while I work on the shabby build vlog and thoughts. One again a big shout out to Derrickgott007 and RedTeam + for getting me back into PCs. Enjoy!

IMG_0973.JPGIMG_0979.JPGIMG_0985.JPGIMG_0987.JPGIMG_0989.JPGIMG_0992.JPGIMG_0996.JPGIMG_1002.JPGIMG_1003.JPGIMG_1006.JPGezgif.com-optimize.gif

Specifications

CPURyzen 1700x
      CoolerSwiftech Apogee HD
      MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
      Memory32 GB G.Skill DDR4 2400
      GraphicsZotac GTX 970 EK Water Block
      Disc Drive 13 SSD RAID0
      Disc Drive 2
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSUEVGA Supernova 1kW
      CaseNZXT Switch 810
      MonitorSome Dell 1080p monitor and a few old Asus 1080p monitors.