1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 8:23 AM by black_zion

How can I change out my graphics card

cosmicicedtea

I have the HP ENVY Phoenix h9-1386 Desktop PC, and my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition.

Over some time, I have had problems here and there watching videos, but nothing major. Recently, I bought a new game, and the graphics are just terrible. I set everything to low, everything to high, custom, random. I tried everything, and the game looks so bad. Pixels are easily noticeable, and the frame rate is bad. The video skips as well, when moving around in the game.

I am wondering if it is possible to replace my graphics card with a new one, either the same or an upgrade.

• Re: How can I change out my graphics card
          black_zion

That's a mini tower, and it has Windows 8 so it should have a UEFI BIOS (enter BIOS, if you can use a mouse, it's UEFI), so changing it out to a card with the same form factor and power requirements shouldn't be an issue. The RX 460 has a lower TDP than the card you are using now, has the same form factor, @and is 50% faster than the 7770, so that would be the best card you could use without upgrading your power supply.