• ASUS Maximus VI Hero
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel I7-4770K
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W
      • RAM
        • 32GB

Describe your issue:

Whenever I play star citizen 2.6.1 (resolution 1280x720), after less than 5 minutes my computer will blue screen and point to atikmpag.sys as the cause. I cleaned out the inside of my PC. I have removed and re-installed drivers twice, one using windows device manager, once using AMD uninstall tools. I followed an online guide and manually expanded and copied into the windows driver directory folder a fresh copy of atikmpag.sys. Guide is located here Fix atikmpag.sys / atikmdag.sys blue screen errors (BSOD) . I also used a windows forum suggestion and added a delay into the registry to give the video card time to recover. None of this has worked.

20170317_222633.jpg

• Re: Windows 7 BSOD due to atikmpag.sys
          ambrose

Hi Pren,

I am using W7 64 bit and for some reason I have been getting this as of late as well, and I have opened up my case and reseated the graphics card, and memory and even went so far as to swap out the Bios battery. I run my card at balanced settings with not O.C.'ing so I am puzzled as to why I am getting this. The next thing I am going to try is to turn down my graphics settings in the game I play itself to see if that makes a difference. This also puzzles me as I have returned to the game I am playing now and never had an issue with this before. There seems to be some work arounds but I am not the type to do work arounds when I never had to do them before.

It may be a day or two but I'll check back and let you know how it made out. I am using 17.2.1 drivers but it has happened with the earlier ones as well 16.12.2.

Regards, Ambrose

ambrose

Hello Again Pren,

Just to give you an update, I have been playing my game this evening and for me I had lowered my in game shadows and lighting by one setting down, I thought I had it, but it happened again albeit I was able to play a reasonably long session before it happened so for now I will say that for my issue it seems to be related to adjusting my lighting and shadows in game via it's options.

I will keep you posted as to how I make out tomorrow, again I would like to say I have never had this issue happen to me before and I have been using AMD drivers for quite sometime, so whatever is going on I don't believe it is with AMD, Microsoft just had a recent windows update so I wonder if it is not related, can't say as I am sure you know that the updates come as a full package now so unable to know what specific update if any, might be the cause.

Again, for me it seem to be related to shadows and lighting settings in game.

Hope this will help you, if you come on anything please let me know as well.

Regards, Ambrose

vishnusree068

Hello Guys,

same problem... but your question not answered. exactly when it will be answered lol.  I am using laptop now without graphic card driver... please address this issue