12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2018 8:48 AM by wonderio619

Radeon settings will no longer override games settings

astrix_au

Hi all,

I have noticed that ever since Radeon settings I can't get it to override any game settings and I have been trying  on all the betas that have come out for some time. For instance the game IL-2 BOS has a extra app called viewer.exe in the installation of IL-2 which lets you look at all the planes in IL-2 and rotate them with different lighting to help with identification learning. It now supports 4K skins but viewer.exe has no AA applied to it at all and overriding by creating a profile does nothing so I loose this great feature as zooming out there is no detail. In IL-2 on servers I play there are no icons and it's all verify by sight whether the fighter, attacker or bomber is a enemy or not and coming in very fast from a dive it's possible to not take the shot when it turns out it was a enemy.

Anyone know how to force it to do it?

The location of the viewer.exe is located in the following location on systems that installed the game through steam.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\viewer\Viewer.exe

I created a report to AMD so maybe in the future it will be fixed but I somehow don't think it's a priority so I am not holding my breath.

I also noticed that BF1 gets two profiles when installing Radeon Settings and a profile is created for Razer Synapse. Obviously the section needs a lot of work.

System:

• MSI R9 Fury X
      • Custom built PC
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Crimson Edition ReLive - 17.3.1
      • Benq XL2730Z, 1440x2560p, 144hz, Freesync connected by Displayport cable
      • ASUS Maximus VI Formula - BIOS 1603
      • i7 4770K - OC 4.5Ghz
      • Seasonic 1000w 80 plus Platnum
      • Kingston HyperX 16GB 16000mhz (2x 8GB)