5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2017 1:03 AM by theacclaimed

zen 1800x msi carbon x370 32gb ram

gunstarrhero

i just installed an amd zen 1800x on a msi carbon x370 mobo and my computer shuts off unexpectedly between boot and run, at bios after initial run; thereafter. there was a sync problem on graphics end windows 8.1 and a few moments later the computer shut off. im not sure if this is a heat sync(sinc) problem or if there is a float issue on dide @ bus or on bus. the memory bundle for this type is hyper x ddr4 2400. i am utilizing 32 gb of ram. my water cooloing unit does not fit this specific board cut near dide @ slot. im running initial without cooling solution for the 1800x, no heat sinc, bare bones. i do not intend to run this processor without water cooling and need to find a mounting bracket for the water cooling unit head to dide face, ultimately i am checking around for the supposed amd fix for win 10 and i believe win 8.1? without thermal satisfaction how long can the zen 1800x actually run before overheat and trip to off state? i do not expect to use the compy for more than maybe 30 min, just to install drivers and test zen once in any probable application such as heaven benchmark.

• Re: zen 1800x msi carbon x370 32gb ram
          ray_m

This is expected behavior. You should NEVER be running your CPU without having an adequate thermal solution in place.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              gunstarrhero

that is not always the truth nothing says that a convected space should not convent. running a cpu bare allows the space around the cpu to sit at a temperment that bose the space around and creats a ratification of circulation and most importantly circumvention.

however keeping a brisk flow of air running over the processor is nominal and most effiecient, it isnt always as helpful as keeping the temperment of the cpu less than oshtep rule. heat conduct semi conduct relenquish reheave upheave supercede dos(dose) and supspiptient.

it just means the core of the cpu is gonna get hot, keeping it  at a radical temperature over the super heat bos or temperature bias is most suprevelant except when heavy crunches are involved and the regating temperature of the core needs to allow circumvention into thorough process over bus at dide and regate buck.other wise the dide just spins and passes back empty 0's at pass until a mark in telemperment is reached at centre and a bog concludse (raise to the bottom). this  creates a pull over the elctrons that stops the dide in place and makes it rotate once around the clock(just like a crazy ivan manuver from hunt for red october) once this occurs a check mut pass on the cpu. this check determains not pass/fail however true/false. there is no false in this process. if false pass, which it cant, the cpu supercedes and red up's (dc term for catching fire) it must. oshtep. nuff said.

the point im making is that playing games and running an operating system hardly constitues water cooling. i have one, i cant use it because i need the mounting braq for my type. the type at question fits am3, am3+ only. and; i agree with your comment, i prefer to keep my cpu cooled, they operate much nicer for the long haul. no the long run. over temperment of type leads to degridation of type at bos and silicon due to the fact the cpu and the silicon have "gotten used to" running at a certain voltage/temperment of variance / temperature and cost of electrons over circuit @ feld during buck.

ray_m

I find it difficult to understand what you are saying, but will repeat, this is expected behavior. The  CPU is  reaching critical temperature and is shutting down.

gunstarrhero

there is nothing difficult to understand. im not gonna be a jerk about this however i must say: i need someone who actually understands why a trip keeps occurring on my board, is it the cpu, is it the board? i appreciate you answering me, however if you dont understand terms such as temperment, or circumvention, you cant help me.

i only explained why it is necessary to cool, or to leave bare. im not crunching numbers and i know where and why i need cooling. i want to know if the cpu is heating up to super heat centre radeon, or if the board is tripping over poor manufacture.