1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2017 7:22 AM by leshak

Can't install AMDGPU-PRO

jop

On Ubuntu 16.04.2, installation fails with this error log

DKMS make.log for amdgpu-pro-16.40-348864 for kernel 4.8.0-41-generic (x86_64)
      do 16 mrt 2017 18:00:30 CET
      [...]
      In file included from /var/lib/dkms/amdgpu-pro/16.40-348864/build/amd/amdgpu/../backport/backport.h:9:0,
                       from <command-line>:0:
      /var/lib/dkms/amdgpu-pro/16.40-348864/build/amd/amdgpu/../backport/include/kcl/kcl_ttm.h: In function ‘kcl_ttm_bo_reserve’:
      /var/lib/dkms/amdgpu-pro/16.40-348864/build/amd/amdgpu/../backport/include/kcl/kcl_ttm.h:109:9: error: too many arguments to function ‘ttm_bo_reserve’
        return ttm_bo_reserve(bo, interruptible, no_wait, false, ticket);
               ^
      In file included from /var/lib/dkms/amdgpu-pro/16.40-348864/build/amd/amdgpu/../backport/include/kcl/kcl_ttm.h:6:0,
                       from /var/lib/dkms/amdgpu-pro/16.40-348864/build/amd/amdgpu/../backport/backport.h:9,
                       from <command-line>:0:
      ./include/drm/ttm/ttm_bo_driver.h:863:19: note: declared here
       static inline int ttm_bo_reserve(struct ttm_buffer_object *bo,
                         ^
      [...]

Afterwards the system reboots with a black screen. Culprit seems to be line 109 in kcl_ttm.h:

return ttm_bo_reserve(bo, interruptible, no_wait, false, ticket);

The function takes only 4 arguments but 5 are given for some reason.

I can't adjust the file because that causes the checksum to fail during installation.

• Re: Can't install AMDGPU-PRO
          leshak

As I know AMDGPU-PRO doesn't support kernel 4.8. So I think you should use 4.4 kernel. People managed to install amdgpu pro with 4.7 kernel but it's a sort of a hack.

The question is: are they going to adopt their drivers for the fresh kernels, which there are plenty now, and when will it be done?