3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 4:27 PM by qwixt

Hi, How can I Improve my PC.

amdguzmanle2017

With AMD 8250/16 MB 1866MZ, using W7 and Microsoft VS 2015, my project run time 60 minutes, I want to reduce to 5 minutes.

What AMD CPU, and Mother Board will be use.?

Thanks so much.

• Re: Hi, How can I Improve my PC.
          qwixt

That is a pretty low end CPU for development. I would pick a CPU with at least a single thread rating over 1200 from that site I linked below, and a SSD would help significantly too.

PassMark - AMD A6-1450 APU - Price performance comparison

amdguzmanle2017

qwixt, Thanks for your time. It's not clear for me how transform the PassMark ( never used ) in order to know how fast ( X times ),  is against my FX 8250, my question is simple how reduce my run time by 10 times or other value. Note. my process in 100 % in memory and using basic mathematic, but a lot of process.

Thanks best regards.

qwixt

It's a combination of things. CPU, Memory, and Hard disk. Either one of those things can slow compilation down. You need at least 8gb of memory in my experience, possibly more depending on the application. I cannot tell you how much faster the passmark score is between two scores. I linked it so that you could look at how low it was in relation to other CPUs.

The CPU in your machine is more of a web browsing sort of CPU. I have no idea what sort of budget you have, so it is hard to make a recommendation. I would recommend an i7 or higher end i5. Given the passmark rating, I think a "AMD 4 GHz FX-8370 Octa-core" would work very nice too. Take that AMD processor, 8gb-16gb memory, and a 500gb SSD. You won't be disappointed in build times.