0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2017 4:42 AM by chyn

Radeon RX 470 loss of signal bug

chyn

I've encountered a problem with my RX 470 where it loses signal on certain shades of color when I have f.lux on. If this is normal for the RX series, I might have to return it as I work long hours on my desktop and is dependent on software like f.lux to protect my sleep cycle and eyes. I've seen people having the same issue and I'm posting this because they might not realize it might be f.lux that's causing it.

EDIT: So it happened again, this time on a youtube video with some of the same colors as the image linked below. Changing the resolution from 720p to 1080p solved it. Forgot to mention when i first posted this that hiding whatever is on your screen while this happens(scrolling away, alt+tab, etc) gets the signal back.

referenced video: Grump's Dream Course: The Balls Are Back in Town - PART 45 - Game Grumps VS - YouTube

example image that triggers it: https://i.imgur.com/pkDhz8z.jpg

some specs for good measure:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

MSI Z87-G43 (MS-7816) (SOCKET 0)

Graphics

BenQ GL2460 (1920x1080@60Hz)

4096MB ATI Radeon RX 470 Graphics (Sapphire/PCPartner)

Storage

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA)

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Since i still use a screen with VGA, I use a HDMI to VGA converter of the brand iiglo

I don't have any Radeon drivers installed because removing them somehow made the issue less frequent.