2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 2:25 PM by basossa

amd settings can't launch

basossa

Few days ago, i tried to launch amd settings desktop app but it didn't respond. it looked like something is going to happen then nothing.

It was 16.2 version and a new version was recently released but i didn't update my version. I searched online for that problem and found something close to my case on Reddit.

the solution was that i use DDU software to fully remove amd driver from PC then reinstall the latest version. so this is what i did.

But, trying to install the latest version or any other version ends by the same way which is the installer starts by extracting files then it closes and guess what nothing happens again, then i tried to install the driver in safe mode a message appeared after the installer finished extracting telling that it failed to detect the driver,this is weird and doesn't appear in regular mode.

I think i rushed to use DDU unwisely, but many people assured that it will work fine.

Anyway, in device manager the card is working properly and the version it uses is 15.201.1101.0, I tried to update the driver through device manager but it keeps telling me that the driver is up to date.

Also, some games detect the driver successfully.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

AMD Radeon(TM) R9 M375

Please help as quick as possible.