5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 6:14 PM by kxuping

It is necessary to wait for the video card "Vega"?

zeegy

Hello! I would like to know from you whether it is worth waiting for your video card with the "Vega" architecture, or it is easier for me to buy a video card from the NVIDIA "Gtx 1060". Will you have such video cards for such a price, or are you surprised by the price-performance ratio? Is it worth waiting for your graphics cards? Thank you!

• Re: It is necessary to wait for the video card "Vega"?
          savagebeastzero

Hey zeegy,

Judging by the content of your thread, it appears that you are unaware of the price to performance offered by AMD Radeon cards in this price bracket. As noted below the RX 480 8GB is not only a much better value, but offers greater performance overall. Now in regards to RX Vega, the performance being offered is likely equal or greater than the GTX 1080ti, which regardless of how aggressive AMD is with their pricing, will still be in a much higher tier than mid-tier graphics cards like the RX 480 or GTX 1060, thus a mid tier price point isn't likely.

If past dictates the future, I expect the RX Vega 10 enthusiast grade card to be aggressively priced roughly between $ 349.99 - $399.99 if its performance matches the GTX 1080 and between $499.99 - $599.99 if its performance matches or exceeds the GTX 1080ti. So that should give you an idea as to whether or not you should wait for it, pending your budget allows. If not, then you might want to look into one of the two graphics card series below and judge what's best for you. Yet, if a mid-tier budget is what suits you best, I believe that the RX 480 8GB would provide the best experience both now and in the years to come.

1: RX 480 8GB vs. GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card Comparison

2: RX 480 8GB vs. GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card Comparison

Have a nice day.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            blazek

Vega will be releasing in May (coincides with the Prey launch) so you'll be seeing "Buy a Radeon RX Vega GPU and get a free copy of Prey!" promo going on.

And I believe the Polaris refresh (500 series) is coming in April (next month) so you'll be seeing RX 580, 570, 560 GPUs.

If you cannot wait and want to buy a GPU right now, and since you're looking at the 1060, I recommend going for the RX 480 8GB, it's the best price/perf GPU right now and it's also good for future gaming (DX12) http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/AMD-RX-480/Rating/3634

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dra6o0n

AMD has some new 'refreshed' Polaris products to release before Vega too.

The 560, 570, and 580.

They have a small chunk of improvements over the last, in regards to better optimal performance over the last ones.

For instance the 580 seems to have a 10-15% boost over the 480, if so might make it scale higher to the GTX 1070.

AMD to debut Radeon RX 580 in April, before Vega in May

amd-debut-radeon-rx-580-april-before-vega_05

fearenough

i got a aftermarket rx480 8 gig gone well no problem with my vive. I went for the sappphire nitro beleive run more quiet  but still gonna upgrade to vega as see as first gpu the can handle 4 k. Then be more spend on 4k screen lol. Hay dont know maybe 1080 ti could but amd for me. U look on steam forums and most crying game not play have ether sad memory sad motherbroad or nividia gpu

kxuping

RX480 8GB is what you are looking for if buying right now.