1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2017 1:54 AM by abdyldag

RX 460 crashing

awesomebro2017

So I bought an AMD Radeon RX 460 4GB (XFX) recently in a new build from scratch, and I noticed that my computer was crashing during GAMING (gaming only, occasionally on 1080p60fps videos). At first I thought it was my hard drive overheating, but it wasn't. Then I thought it was my CPU, but it wasn't. Then I looked up crashing with the RX 460, and apparently it's common. I can play Fallout 4 up to an hour before crashing, Portal lasts about 20 minutes (because that makes sense), and Garry's Mod lasted UNDER A MINUTE. What happens when it crashes is my screen goes black, I hear the audio hang and then shut off (for example, if the music were to be like doo dee dee doo, it would go like doo deeeeeeeee and shut off), and then I would have to force my PC off. Note that my monitor acts like it still is getting something from the card (the blue light stays on, but when it doesn't detect anything it's orange). Apparently the RX 460 is known for black screens of death during gaming. I should have a good enough power supply. Does anyone know any fixes?

SPECS:

AMD Radeon RX 460 4GB (XFX)

Gigabyte 970 Gaming SLI motherboard

1TB Western Digital Black HDD

AMD 4350 Quad Core, 4.2GHz

EVGA 850W PSU

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

• Re: RX 460 crashing
          abdyldag

Yes, I know what the reason is. This is the problem for all drivers of the 17th version. I recommend installing the driver 16.11.5 the problem immediately disappears. I suffered for 2 weeks, I did not know what was the reason.

Who can contact developers in the 17th version of the drivers for rx 460 is a serious defect with a black screen. Problem drivers.