3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 5:42 PM by laykik21

BSOD - thread stuck in device driver - M390X

thefl4me

I bought this Alienware 15 R2 Laptop in Sept. 2015 and have been having this issue ever since.

I get a BSOD LITERALLY EVERY SECOND DAY.

Every second day, most of the times when I quit a game like Black Ops 3 - GTA V or X-Plane 10 I will get this BSOD and once I startup the laptop again, AMD Settings will not open up because it says "No amd graphics installed etc..." (it would open up normally before the BSOD), The only thing that will fix the latter is to reinstall all AMD drivers. As I am sure you can imagine im growing sick of having to reinstall these drivers every second day for the past  Year 1/2.

I have tried everything, BIOS update - Clean GPU install (with the AMD cleanup utility) - Intel chipset and graphics update etc.... without result.

Every new installation is done with the latest drivers. I either use the "auto-detect util" or manually download it from the website.

I know for a fact that i am never purchasing AMD again, but I am still stuck with this laptop, does anybody have any ideas? Im open for anything really at this point...

Laptop: Alienware 15 R2

CPU: i7-4720HQ 2.6Ghz

GPU: R9 M390X

RAM: 2x8 GB 1600Mhz