10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2017 5:29 AM by fsadough

DisplayPort Link Failure

hsingh

So I have 6 monitors setup to 2 AMD Firepro W4100 video cards. I have had this setup for over a year without any issues. But recently two of my monitors just went into low resolution without any reason. I went into video card message center and found the error: "The System has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh rate on your DisplayPort display. Your display might not support the requested resolution or there may be an issue with your cable connecting the display to you computer." I have checked all the wires, re-installed the drivers and even re-installed windows without any luck. The strange thing is if I take out the power plug from any monitor, the other 5 start working fine. And its not one specific monitor, as long as only 5 are connected they work fine. But as soon as I connect 6 monitors, two go into low resolution. I even called Dell Support and they got me to run diagnostics on the video card and there were no errors. I have tried everything without any luck.