9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 5:11 AM by bfarkas

Not able to install AMD Ryzen Master Utility

subburamch

Hi,

I recently purchased a new AMD Ryzen 7 1700 CPU - 8 cores/16 threads.

Love the CPU performance. The CPU is a beast! - it's 5% faster than the baseline single thread performance of the i7-6950x and 25% faster in it's multi-core performance for the same CPU.

I downloaded the AMD Ryzen Master Utility tool and installed it in my Windows OS (I am using Window 10 Pro 64 bit).

While using the "AMD Clean Uninstall Utility" (http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx), I somehow lost the AMR Ryzen Master Utility tool executable. The AMD Clean Uninstall Utility is for cleaning up audio and graphics drivers only. Hence, I did not anticipate this would affect my CPU tool but I guess it has.

I re-downloaded the AMR Ryzen Master UI tool and tried to re-install it. I cannot. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing it with no success. The installer is just not working for me.

I need the tool to overclock my CPU and take full advantage of it. Please advice on how I can re-install the AMD Ryzen Master Utility.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance to the community!

Subramanian