3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 4:56 AM by redfury

AMD - Chipset Driver

razer

Hello , have a good day.

I use a gigabyte motherboard.I want to load the chipset drivers of my motherboard. I downloaded the driver from the support page. What components should I install when installing the driver? Thanks.

My rig:   AMD FX-6100 3.30 Ghz

Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H rev4.0

GTX650 Ti 1 GB DDR5

Seagate 1 TB HDD (IDE mode)

• Re: AMD - Chipset Driver
          redfury

Just press install(OK or onward). You don't need to choose anything. Leave those checkboxes as it is.

razer

Thanks.There will be another question. There is no "Catalyst Control Center" nor "Northbridge Filter Driver" , "AMD APP SDK Runtime" in the latest version I downloaded from amd. Why does not the new package contain them? Is not it necessary to load these drivers? (Driver version: 15.7.1)

redfury

1.it depends on OS version too. For Windows 10 you don't need install any chipset drivers for your motherboard.

2.Catalyst Control Center and AMD APP SDK Runtime  are a part of graphics driver and not related to chipset drivers at all. It is just stupid AMD installer. It displayed all AMD software that is ready to be installed or is already installed on your PC.

3.Probably you have already appropriate (the lates) "Northbridge Filter Driver" and there is no need to update it.

Anyway all chipset drivers for your motherboard are dated by 2015. You really don't need chipset drivers newer than 15.7.1