My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 480 8GB GDDR5
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1(whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.2.1-feb28.exe)
      • Display Devices
        • DELL U2415 1920x1200 @60Hz HDMI contected
      • Motherboard
        • MSI Z270 KRAIT GAMING
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel i7-7700k
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Cooler Master V650s
      • RAM
        • 32G @2400MHz (Dual-channel)

My issue:

With ReLive, I can not record the sound from PC.

More specifically, I can only record not the sound from motherboard but the sound from HDMI audio device.

When I switched the default playback device from "Speakers(Realtek High Definition Audio)" to "DELL U2415(AMD High Definition Audio Device)", audio recording worked fine. However, When I switched back, no sound was recorded.

I've tried to reinstall latest drivers, reset my sampling rate(24bit,48000Hz), and use realtek stereo mix feature to solve this, but they didn't work.

So I contacted AMD Global Customer Care. They said I have to choose AMD High Definition Audio Device as my default playback device to get sound recorded.

However, the sound quality from U2415 is bad, and It will lose a lot of sound effect coming with motherboard. I don't wanna make the audio go this way.

Moreover, I'm using a headset with microphone. If I wanna use the headphone and microphone at the same time, I have to buy a sound extension cable.

Is there any other way to solve this?

BTW, If I have to choose AMD High Definition Audio Device as my default playback device to get sound recorded, does it mean that dvi connection can never get sound recorded ?