3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2017 2:01 AM by jalacy

New driver 17.2.1 and Graphics Card 7970m crash

cerberus73

Hello AMD,

Translate from Google, because I'm speak Russia and German. I hope you understand me. If you don't understand me, ask me please.

So.

Yesterday I installed new driver, the laptop restarted and ... 1 minute in Google Chrome surfed and laptop off. Restarted again, again in a minute off. Again restarted and again off.

Then I started again in 20 minutes and my laptop has started to sound. After 13 signal I tried the laptop off and start safe mode.

Without chains . Black picture.

In 20 minutes I started safe mode. Done. Driver I have deleted and graphics card also. Once again started Win10 and old driver installed, but during the installation screen is blocked (hang-up display). Once again started and once again signals heard and again black picture seen, when I tried safe mode started.

Then in 1 hour I once again safe mode started and Driver with the graphics card deleted. Win10 without graphics card worked well. Then I have yet another driver (from 02.2016) installed. This driver is well installed, but when I restart my laptop, screen in 10 seconds is blocked.

I have deleted Win10 and reinstalled, but at the final stage screen is blocked.

Currently I have dead laptop and today try to exchange heatpaste.

But I think that is problem in the circuit of the graphics card.

I got this problem as I installed new driver

i7

16 GB RAM

7970m