AnsweredAssumed Answered

a10 r6 display driver failed to update

Question asked by icywhisker on Mar 3, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 by icywhisker

I installed 2 2100 Mhz Ram sticks into my Asus X550ZA A10-7400P R6 AMD graphics laptop. (not the issue) after installation and reboot, the screen went black. HDD stopped and all input ceased to go through to the computer. Upon reboot, the BIOS fully loaded and after the Win 10 splash screen finished, the screen stayed black. HDD stopped at this point. Upon reinstallation of windows 10, 3-6 minutes into boot time, the screen goes black. I try installing windows 8.1. Success. All drivers update besides the Display driver which is stuck the the basic Microsoft display driver. before all Microsoft updates, searching for the drivers online or with a downloaded file will install the driver but once the driver is recognized by the computer, it flashes like normal but then goes black and the HDD stops. input ceases. Safe-mode allows uninstallation of the driver. All drivers from the official Asus and AMD sites do not install now. after all Microsoft updates the installation reports as failed.

Now. The question is, is it my motherboard? The graphics card (CPU/GPU)? I'm hoping its software related.

SMBIOS is 2.8 11/20/2014

currently running windows 8.1 pro version 6.3.9600 Build 9600

I have tried installing ( VGA_D_AMD_Win81_64_VER1335210150 and radeon-crimson-relive-17.2.1-minimalsetup-170228_web ) to find the right driver as well as the automatic online option within device manager

Outcomes