AnsweredAssumed Answered

Radeon RX 460 Dual Monitor Problems

Question asked by willkozy on Mar 1, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 by redfury

Hi there to all. This is my first post, so thank you for having me.

I recently bought a computer that has (according to the device manager in Windows 10) a Radeon RX 460.

I  recently had a much older PC that was running an AD HD7770. On that computer I had no issues running dual monitors. I had one monitor connected via the HDMI port and another connected with a VGA cable utilizing a VGA to DVI connection. No issues.

This RX 460 is becoming the bane of my existence. When I use the HDMI on one monitor, everything works flawlessly. When I use the VGA to DVI adapter and plug in the second monitor, both screens go black. If I unplug the DVI, the HDMI comes back on. That being said, I had read that this card needs some sort of powered adapter or something? I'm really confused. I didn't think in this day and age that i would run into so many issues.

Ok, now, I then did some reading and saw that there is a Display Port on the card too (RX 460).

My question is this: If I buy a HDMI to DP adapter, will I be able to run both monitors or will they go black again? Are there any alternatives to get this working or is the card unable to do it? I can't imagine the card having 3 different inputs without the ability to run multiple displays. The software that came with it even has the ability to do it, Eyefinity.

Please help me here. I have asked on Reddit and some other places and nobody seems to want to replay or has the answer. Thank you all so much.

-Willkozy

Outcomes