AnsweredAssumed Answered

HD 7970M switchable graphics

Question asked by yreth on Mar 1, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 by yreth

Hello,

for some weeks already i'm having issues with my graphics card drivers and by now i have tried almost everything i could find in this forum, but it still doesnt work.

My setup:

XMG Schenker laptop P502

Windows 7 Pro (64 Bit)

Intel i7-3630 QM CPU

AMD Radeon HD 7970M

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

8 GB RAM

current AMD driver: Crimson ReLive 17.2.1

Originally i used the preinstalled driver (Catalyst Control Center) with switchable graphics and it worked flawlessly until a bit over a month ago, when i suddenly faced

some problems while gaming, so i thought it was a good idea to finally upgrade my drivers. The device manager keeps telling me that everything is fine with both my

GPUs but whenever i try to launch Radeon Settings i get the well known error message "Failed to create OpenGL context...". Basically I cannot run any game that needs

3D graphics for over a month already. Not even the Windows Experience Index is working for the GPU. I already tried several new ReLive drivers, Legacy drivers, tried to get older CCC

drivers to work, but nothing works out. I always used the recommended way of deleting everything properly with DDU and in the proper order, that i have found in different

posts on this forum. I always use the newest Intel drivers. The closest case i could find was this one: Need help installing AMD HD 7970m drivers for Windows 7 64-bit laptop...

Sadly all the advice does not work for my system. At this point i don't know what else to try honestly.

Regards,

Alex

Outcomes