AnsweredAssumed Answered

DVI not working on R9 390

Question asked by bikoum on Feb 27, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2017 by bikoum

Hi,

I own a Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series and a Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD monitor.

I have been connecting my monitor on my R9 via HDMI for a few years (and a second monitor via VGA, but I no longer own a second one, I only have the SyncMaster 2770 now).

Recently I purchased a videoprojector, which I want to connect to my PC via HDMI. I have considered several options, such as using an active HDMI repeater since the R9 390 only has one HDMI plug, but there were a few problems.

Long story short, I reached the conclusion that the best solution would be to connect my projector with HDMI and my monitor with DVI. I bought a brand new DVI cable and I can not manage to get it to work. I am experiencing the very same issues as this post: DVI not working with R9 390

With HDMI everything works fine, but with DVI the monitor is detected and is showing the boot logo and the windows loading logo, and then turns black showing a "no signal" message, apparently at the time the graphics drivers are loaded.

I have tried to do a full uninstall of the drivers and a clean install but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thomas

Outcomes