I'm trying to set up this gaming rig with a PowerColor R9 390 PCS+(8 GB) but the display device in games keeps crashing and the games with it.
**Computer Type:** Desktop, self assembled
**GPU:** AMD Radeon PowerColor R9 390 PCS+ 8GB GDDR5(Hynix), Code Name "Hawaii", rev. 80. No overclock.
**CPU:** Intel Core 2 duo E7400@2800Mhz Wolfdale 65W Socket 775 LGA
**Motherboard:** ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N-D, /w ASUS P5N-D ACPI BIOS Revision 1401
**RAM:** 4GB(8GB) PC2-6400 800Mhz Corsair(CM2X2048-6400C5) DDR2
**PSU:** 750Watt 750s Chieftec PSU
**Operating System & Version:** Windows 10 Pro 64bit
**GPU Drivers:** 15.300.1025.1001 Crimson 15.12(WHQL/Win 10 64)
**Background Applications:** Nothing but OS vitals and any game processes in question.
**Description of Problem:**
Most commonly for a game like CS:GO, when a map is being initialised the graphics device seemingly crashes and the game then waits for it to repair itself and then it runs fine for a while because CS:GO seems to be very robustly designed, until an intermittent graphics device crash later that is.
Other games like Minion Masters and Call to Arms simply don't get to start outside of the menu environment or crash within the first ten seconds or so if for some miracle they don't crash immediately.
Star Wars Commander is the only game that runs fine even though it can crash at times, however it crashing is normal for any system as it is not very stable anyway.
The system keeps resetting the display intermittently even when using a browser on drivers like 16.9.2+, the most stable driver was 15.12 which still keeps crashing in games though but at least allows me to use the browser to post this.
- Tested the system with a GTX 760 and it is stable and the games run fine, but the R9 390 PCS crashes games over and over.
- I've moved down the various versions of drivers for the R9 300 series from the newest and now I'm at 15.7 and nothing has been solved from doing so. Erased previous drivers with DDU.
- I've removed everything that I can that is not essential apart from the 4GB RAM, tested with 4GB, 6GB, 8GB. Changed all RAM to alternative uniform ones.
- Tested separately with two 320GB HDD and a smaller 36GB HDD.
- I've reinstalled Windows 10 pro from scratch and the drive contains nothing but the drivers, some basic monitoring software and some games to test.
- Updated BIOS from rev. 1101 to 1401
- Reset CMOS battery, loaded default BIOS settings.
- Tested on 32bit Windows 10 Home edition, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate with legit P5N- Win7 chipset drivers installed and it still had the same issues.
- I have now tested the graphics card on another 3.2Ghz Intel system and it manifests the same issues there too.
Crash report error message from Minion Masters:
Unity Player [version: Unity 5.3.4p6_9eb825cf2ca3]
d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module d3d11.dll at 001b:7219d6a8.
Error occurred at 2017-02-27_124010.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Minion Masters\MinionMasters.exe, run by HERPADERP.
58% memory in use.
3071 MB physical memory [1282 MB free].
0 MB paging file [1485 MB free].
2048 MB user address space [1201 MB free].
Read from location 0000009d caused an access violation.
EDI: 0x0667a2ac ESI: 0x00000023 EAX: 0xa035a964
EBX: 0x00000002 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x7219d6a8 EBP: 0x0c3ceac0 SegCs: 0x0000001b
EFlags: 0x00010282 ESP: 0x0c3ceab4 SegSs: 0x00000023
Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f be 81 9d 00 00 00 81 c7 5c ff ff ff 8b 34 85
I really can't find a solution for this. Should I just RMA it?
Grateful for ANY suggestions, this is a painful experience.