3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2017 12:00 AM by ruscustus

ati radeon hd 3200 graphics

kr.shailesh24

I am using HP TX2z-1000 CTO Notebook, windows 7 home basic. service pack 1, 32 bit version.

This machine has integrated GPU (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics)

Now the real issue is that I am facing overheating problem with this pc which caused syestem to boot approximately 2 hours.

I have checked the temperature in speedfan and its most of the time  80 degree plus.

Measures taken to fix the issue:

1) Put a 1 mm thick copper plate between gpu and heat sink ( Didn't help)

2) Again put a 1 mm thick copper plate between gpu and heat sink and also between CPU and Heatsink (This also didn't help)

3) Put a thermal paste on gpu then a 1 mm thick copper plate onto it then again thermal paste on copper plate and then placed heatsink (Needless to write that it also has failed to reduce the temperature)

4) Finally, removed the copper plates and just cleaned the cpu and gpu and reapllied thermal paste only on both cpu and gpu and placed the heatsink. The machine is on but its still taking almost 2 hours to get boot and temperature is fluctuating between 65 degrees centigrade- 80 degrees centigrade.

Please suggest measure to fix.

P.S. I have reinstalled the operating system and there are not much programmes installed in it.