• AMD Graphics Card : Radeon RX 480 8GB
      • Operating System : Windows 10 64 bits
      • Driver version installed : Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2
      • Display Devices : BenQ GW2255 / 1920*1080 / 60Hz / DVI
      • Motherboard : ASRock FM2A88M Extreme4+
      • CPU/APU : AMD A8-7600
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage : Fortron Hyper M 700, 700W
      • RAM : 8 GB

Hello, it has been 3 months since I installed my Radeon RX 480 8GB to replace my GT 740 2GB.

But frankly I'm sick of this graphics card:

- On Minecraft I get 50 fps with drops at 20 FPS. ( Always 60fps with the GT 740 without drop )

- Overwatch in average quality I get limit 40 fps with drops to 20 FPS. ( Always 50fps with the GT 740 without drop )

- On CS: GO I get 80 FPS but with big drops at 40 FPS. ( Always 60 fps with the GT 740 without drop )

I have less FPS with this graphics card than with that with the GT 740, frankly tell me that it is not normal and that there is a way to arrange it.

Thank you...

• Re: RX 480 8GB : Low FPS
          redfury

Make sure that APU graphics (onboard GPU) is not present in device manager.

1.Delete C:\AMD folder

2.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system from both AMD and NVidia driver remains in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 or 17.2.1 driver Windows 10 (64-bit)

3.Show me GPU-Z main screen

4.Run HWinfo64>sensors only>Logging start and play for 15-20 min. I want to see that log

sens log.JPG

• Re: RX 480 8GB : Low FPS
                redfury

I see some strange things:

1.CPU package reports about very high temperature (80-85 C) but it can be a wrong sensor reading. Try AIDA64 to check your CPU temperatures under stress test.

2.Your CPU has consistent heavy load(about 90-92% for all cores). Actually it is not strange - your CPU is too weak for your current GPU

3.Your GPU has consistent very low usage (about 30%). And it is really strange.

4.GPU VRAM reports about a lot of errors

5.Install 16.11.5 using my previous instruction and downclock GPU VRAM to 1700 MHz. You can use for it Wattman(Radeon settings>Gaming>Global>Global Wattman) or MSI Afterburner. As far as i know downclocking possibility is not available for ReLive driver(16.12.x and up) and MSI Afterburner has compatibility issues with ReLive driver.

6.And honestly, your set of games is maximum inconvenient for AMD hardware. Especially for RX cards.

1 of 1 people found this helpful