AnsweredAssumed Answered

Which X370 motherboard are you choosing and why?

Question asked by milenko85 on Feb 24, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 by dra6o0n

I am a Network Administrator / IT Administrator, and finally got tired of piecing together my own junk PC's at home to use, or using my beastly workstation work laptop for personal use. I also want to start a youtube channel for gaming, as well as guitar covers, so I decided it was finally time to build a new PC after many, many years. I haven't kept up with much on the PC hardware side in the past few years, and I spent all my focus on Cisco and networking. After doing some research on Intel i7's for my build, I came across Ryzen. Talk about perfect timing. How can I not fall in love with this?

After hearing about all the rumored specs, I started ordering basic parts. I got a DIYPC case, EVGA P2 850W power supply, Noctua NH-D15 fan cooler, and G.Skills TridentZ RBG Ram ordered. After learning A LOT of new tech's, and catching myself up to date, I decided I will get the Ryzen 1800x (for the shear fact of gaming, youtubing, streaming, video and audio editing), a 1TB M2 card for the OS and programs, and a 5TB HDD for file storage. I am also going to wait on Vega before I buy a high-end video card. But what I cannot decide on is the motherboard. This is the biggest thing that I had to catch up on, as I have mostly only dealt with OEM boards like Dell or HP. I have put in several hours of research on the companies, tech on the boards, etc. So far, I think I have narrowed it down to the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero, ASRock Taichi, or the ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Pro board.

I am interested in hearing which board you are choosing, and why. Also, with the details I have provided, which board would you recommend for me? At first glance, I have been thinking the ASRock Fatal1ty, but see more and more people say they are getting the Crosshair VI or the Taichi.

Also I should note, I'm not going to be doing any major OC'ing, but may tinker with it.

Thank you all!

Outcomes