3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2017 8:43 AM by redfury

Blackscreen + Buzzing

steiner

I have following problem:

While gaming (e.g. Fifa 17) I get blackscreens. And while the blackscreens I hear a buzzing sound, depending on the sound before the blackscreen. (video: Blackscreen + Buzzing - YouTube )

The temperature in the idle is at 40 degree and go while gaming or FurMark test upto 80 degree. And than the blackscreen come. But i had already gotten blackscreens when I was in idle or like yet while I was writing, I got also a blackscreen. The temperature was at this moment before at 55 degree.

I have already changed the PSU and hasn't any positive effect.

I have also changed the GPU with an older model (HD 5570) and there was no blackscreens when i have tested it with FurMark. But also temperature at 80 degree and low FPS.

Can I check anything else or is the GPU done?

SYSTEM:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • Sapphire NITRO R9 390 OC Backplate ( im running it as it came from the factory )
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.1.2
      • Display Devices
        • Samsung  81,28 cm Monitor , HDMI 1600x900 res
      • Motherboard
        • AsRock H97M-ITX/ac
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel Xeon E3 1231v3
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • BeQuiet 500W
      • RAM
        • 8GB (2x4Gb)
        • Re: Blackscreen + Buzzing
          redfury

This PSU may be not enough for your very powerful GPU

1.Update BIOS

2.Delete C:\AMD folder

3.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 or 17.2.1 driver Windows 10 (64-bit)

Try 16.11.5 first

4.Run HWinfo64>sensors only>Logging start and play for 15-20 min. I want to see that log

sens log.JPG

• Re: Blackscreen + Buzzing
              steiner

I did, what you told me. I played one round Fifa 17, ~ 15 minutes. No blackscreen

But I think that the problem isn't solved because the blackscreen come randomly. Sometimes the blackscreen came during the first round. Othertimes the blackscreen came after eight games or more.

The logs of this one round game are attached.

I don't think that the issue is the PSU because I got already problems with a 650 W PSU. And over 1 1/2 years this was enough.

Edit: I tested it with FurMark. I got a Blackscreen while testing. Logs are attached. I found out that the GPU current drops sometimes from 200 A 80 A in a second and in the next second it's again at 200A