6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2017 7:06 PM by thefuzz1542

I need your help with AM4 Ram and Water Blocks

thefuzz1542

Okay so my RyZen build (Maximum Effort) is very close to be completed. Well, as in when the Asus Crosshair VI Hero ROG motherboard and R7 1800X CPU get shipped from per-order. But I still need to order just a couple more things. Does any one have confirmed listings of G1/4 threaded water blocks that will work with AM4? I know EK has confirmed all the new stuff will but apparently the stuff Amazon and some other online retailers have is still out of date and don't have the proper brackets and I really don't want to express ship one from the UK where they are made. It doesn't even have to be super fancy, I just wanted a solid, well performing water block that looks nice but crazy RGB is not required. 2nd thing, I really want the the new Corsair DDR4 LED Vengeance memory, but like most DDR4 listings out there right now it is showing a bunch of Intel specs and C15 / C16 timings. I know this memory should work okay but will it work well once everything is primarily set to Intel specs. I know with corsairs DDR3 stuff it worked well and could support both Intel's XMP and AMD's AMP. Any one know if this will be true with DDR4? Plus if I'm not mistaken, the AMP and XMP settings is just a preset list of numbers correct? So even if its not "per-loaded" I should still be able to set these manually or maybe even a motherboard preset? The Asus ROG motherboards are usually pretty good at that. I'm just concerned about spending $260 to $300 on memory then in a month they will be like "for the same amount, here is memory specifically meant for RyZen." or even worse "Oh, the C15/C16 spec memory wont even allow you to boot".

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

*UPDATE*

Okay so after a lot of time spent researching and looking around AND BUYING ONE AND PAYING FOR FAST DELIVERY DIRECTLY FROM EK Asus tweeted that the Crosshair VI Hero will fit all AM3 brackets as it has both mounting holes! So that took care of that, and ended up just getting a EK Supremacy EVO. As far as ram goes I ended up going with Vengeance red LED thanks again for the help.

• Re: I need your help with AM4 Ram and Water Blocks
          kxuping

EK WB are made in Slovenia, not in UK. They ship directly worldwide with very good prices. I have bought directly and had no problem shipped to south america. I bought the last ever new water block for gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7

You can contact Performance PCs Home Page  and ask if their EK Supreme EVO comes with the new AM4 bracket and backplate and buy from them. They answer all your question very quick and know about the parts they sell.

The Asus mobo says it will support 3200 DDR4 un-buffered non-ECC, you should check the QVL list of supported/tested RAM. The MSI and Gigabyte mobos have the list online.

I think the worst thing it can happen is that your PC will start with the DDR4 at the lowest speed and not at the advertised speed.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              thefuzz1542

Yea, I was looking for the QVL on the Asus website for the Crosshair VI and it kept sending me to a "Under-construction" page. But thanks for the info, I'll check out the Performance PC website. I do believe I am going to go with the Vengeance LED ram, I always trusted and torture tested Corsair and they have never let me down. Plus the random flash option the RAM LED's have will work well with the Blood Red look I'm going for in this build, Thanks again!

juggernautxtr

I have been to EK website a few times they have full MB blocks available, along with all stand alone cpu blocks with adapters for the new boards.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109800416

the ram will work fine, you'll more than likely have to punch the numbers in manually.

ram anymore is interchangeable so there is very likely very little concern to be had.

thefuzz1542

I did order one from EK but they were doubtful if it would get here on time but then I found out the new ROG motherboards like my Crosshair VI Hero will also accept AM3 so I just ordered a AM3 EK Supremacy EVO from Amazon as it will be here on time

kxuping

you can buy the AM4 bracket and backplane to be future proof in the near future. I bought this upgrade for my current EKWB Supremacy Evo.

thefuzz1542

funny you should mention that haha. So the EKWB cooler came in and it was not to advertise. Although the listing said AM3 bracket as well as some other AMD sizes they sent me a Intel one by mistake...  I talked to who I ordered it from and they apologized and said they would fix it but it would be a little while because they had just sold out of the AM3 setup of the block. So I then talked to EK and they're rushing me a AM4 bracket and a back plate. At first I was like "man, I should have just left the original order alone" but then I remembered I originally ordered the cheaper MX and not the EVO so this will allow me to have the EVO block with the AM4 bracket. Order corrections and trouble shooting always seem to be a part of any big project and why its always good to get know the people you order from and treat them with respect because they will usually go a little further then required to help you out.