2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2017 5:17 AM by ratawar

Problems with Asus ROG RX 460!

ratawar

So, everything started when I installed my new card, used it like 20 minutes while downloading new drivers, and noticed how silent it was, only to notice the fans weren't spining at all! I inmediately turned off my PC and asked for some help. My elder brother told me it was something about the card not turning on the fans if there wasn't enough heat, but he had some problems with drivers since he has an RX 480, so I decided to follow his advice and format my PC. When I already installed ALL the drivers and at the moment I decided to go to the Radeon settings, the video output suddenly turned off. This happened in the afternoon, and keeps without outputting video until now (night). When I decided to check the card's temperature by touching the heatpipes, and noticed they were extremely, extremely hot, which made me assume the fans never turned on (I might be wrong though).

I'm really worried since I bought this card in the USA, and I can't just simply return it since I'm from South America. Is there some kind of installation step I might have missed? I would be forever grateful if someone could help me. Thanks a lot!

Specs:

ASUS H170 PRO GAMING

i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz

16gb ram

PSU: Thermaltake TS2 600w