4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 9:53 AM by zackalack123

Why does my laptop keep black-screening on me when playing games?

zackalack123

Specs are linked below. I've searched for weeks and have not found a solution. Since I can remember, I have had problems with black screens on my laptop when playing games. Whether it's a low-end graphics game like League of Legends or graphically-intense games like World of Warcraft, my computer will randomly give me black screens for 5-15 seconds. During this time, my computer is completely unresponsive, and does not react to anything I do (caps lock won't even toggle on or off at this time). After the black screen finishes, I get loaded back into my game. The game tells me I have "reconnected" to the game, so I assume that I disconnect from the game during the black screen episodes. It seems to happen more frequently when I have more going on on my computer (more apps open, more graphically-intense games running). I have tried fresh installs, I have run the hardware diagnostic tools on the boot menu with all passing tests. I believe it may be related to my processor or graphics card. I realized in the file I linked there are a lot of errors that reported so if anyone could help me get rid of this issue that would be great. I'm afraid to play any games anymore because I dont want to lose games/do poorly because my computer black screens and keeps me out of my game.