40 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 5:33 PM by kxuping

Pre-orders for Ryzen Starting...

ajlueke

According to the latest press, Ryzen preorders for the three R7 SKUs will start today at 1pm EST with shipments on March 2nd.  Let's keep this thread open for posts concerning where and when the products are available, and what you preordered!  The three partners listed in the press briefing were Amazon, Newegg, and Microcenter.  I don't see any pre-orders up yet.  Not sure if this also includes motherboards?

Looks like the wait is over!

AMD Ryzen Pre-Orders Start Today - 8-Cores For $329 - Legit Reviews

• Re: Pre-orders for Ryzen Starting...
          mrfoxy

OH MY GOD!! If i would only have the money to buy it and proper Motherboard

:O I wanna have Ryzen soooo baaaad :s Can someone gift it to me? <3

ajlueke

Preorders are up on both Newegg and Microcenter.  I don't see anything on Amazon yet.

ajlueke

Amazon currently has preorders up for the processors individually, and bundled with the Asus Prime-Pro.  Several other motherboards are up for preorder at Amazon and Newegg.  Looks like the Egg has sold out of several board models already.

ajlueke

The R7 1800X seems to be sold out at Newegg and Amazon currently.  Newegg still has the 1700X and 1700 available while the boards seem to come in and out of stock periodically.  AMD did seem to have much more inventory this time around for the launch.  For those that preordered, what did you pick up?  For those that did not, are you waiting for the actual benches to drop on 2/28?

I personally decided to preorder.  Picked up the R7 1800X, and the MSI X370-Xpower Titanium motherboard.  I liked the option of a U.2 port on that board.  I'll probably repurpose my existing case and PSU for the new build and run some comparisons with my current 8350FX, ASUS 990FX Sabertooth R 1.0 build.  The motherboard has been humming along fine since I purchased it in mid 2011.  So this will be my first platform upgrade in six years.  Pretty exciting!

kxuping

Any other reason for selecting the MSI motherboard? Im watching motherboards right now, I really like the Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 to replace my 990FX-UD7. The MSI has 2 M2 SSD slots and display port out (for future Rysen with GPU), but only one ethernet card.

ajlueke

Primarily the MSI, Gigabyte and Crosshair VI from ASUS are all similar and excellent boards.  I chose the MSI, as it has the two M.2 slots as well as a U.2 port for future devices.  I like the idea of 2 NVMe device slots as I plan to upgrade to an NVMe based SSD for this build.  If in the future, I want to upgrade to a larger drive, I can still keep the original as a secondary drive in the second slot.  It is the only board to feature two NVMe capable ports.

On the Gigabyte board, the M.2 connector becomes inactive if you use the U.2 port, essentially limiting you to one NVMe device.  For me, it is worth giving up a second LAN chip for the additional NVMe drive.  I may want to add an M.2 Bluetooth chip along with my NVMe drive, so the MSI board has more flexibility there.

I also have a few USB 3.1 ports I need to attach via headers.  The Gigabyte board has two internal USB 3.1 headers while the MSI has four.  That also gives me more options in that arena.

Additionally, the MSI board has 8+4 PSU pins for CPU overclocking versus just 8 for the Gigabyte.  The ASUS Crosshair is the only other board to offer the 8+4 config.  There is also an additional 6 pin PSU plug to the PCIe ports to stabilize multi GPU builds.  I believe it is the only board with that feature.  Now with power consumption of Vega based GPUs likely to go down, how useful that will be is debatable.

Of course, the Gigabyte board is $100 cheaper than the MSI, so if you can't see yourself using extra USB 3.1 headers, adding additional M.2 cards to your build, going crazy with CPU overclocking, or overclocking multi GPU builds, there is no reason to shell out $100 extra.  They boards share similar high end audio chips and support the same DDR4 3200 max RAM.

juggernautxtr

$2000 dollars worth of parts ordered today

Ryzen 1700x

Asus crosshair VI hero

2  monsoon 150 resevoirs with red supports and black end caps

24 monsoon EV2 red fittings

d5 pump

hardline tubing 1/2"

500 gig western digital blue SSD

2 TB seagate barricuda HDD

water bock from EK

corsair RM850i

2 red led strips

ek 360 and 120 rads

inwin 303 case

gskill 3200 ram 16GB

new speaker set and media capture device.

just the short list, won't be finished till vega hits.

blazek

#1 best seller on amazon!

2rivers

Very good news as we will be ordering 28 of them for our center which will be opening soon here in Vancouver. Next the Vega :-)

kxuping

please post pictures of the center!!!!!

2rivers

We will and I can say this much , The name will be "Khuruldai Gaming Center" , this center will be the most advanced gaming center in North America with a look that everyone will be totally 1000% "WOW" factor when you walk through the door. We also have many good things that will be happening for both gamers and twitch broadcasters as well as many clans and this will be the first time ever that all this will be incorporated into one center. Of course this is about as much as I can say publicly but we know this will advance gaming to a whole new level.

shaneherald

i got my Ryzen R7 1800X and Asus Crosshair VI Hero on pre-order ...... wassshhhhooooooo cant wait man ....im so excited!! finely!!! yeah amd ....i love it...

shaneherald

sorry for this guys but i have to......................and id like to say to the folks here at amd.....i have been a AMD fan sence the k6 days man .......i have always had AMD systems ...why ...because amd is gaming!!!!!! .....i think i am the only guy getting 45 to 60 fps in witcher 3 in 4k ultra settings with my 8350 and dual 390's

and i get 40 fps to 45 at stock settings to....

hitting high 60's with my 5ghz overclock.....and i am excited as ever to get my 1800x sitting here in a board,.. i have waited for two weeks now!

i heard amd had the biggest eco system for Ryzen at launch....then why in the hell do i not have my crosshair VI hero yet???????????????

i dont give two shizz if its a bios problem .......i know how to update the bios......this is getting crazy man.....and no one ...not even asus will explain why we dont have any damn x370 boards out yet......sorry but i am mad .......i spent 499.99 on a cpu so i could site here and look at it?.......NO I DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............where are all the damn good x370 boards already man????????? this is getting ridiculous....i love my AMD machines ....i have supported amd threw thick and thin .......and i have never ever seen a poorly launched cpu ....ever.....yep ...cpu's came out on time.....got my pre-order right away ....but what good is that without the motherboards to put them in????????????????? so from what amazon tells me i won't get a asus crosshair VI hero until the f'en 18th of april........so i pre-ordered a cpu for 499.99 that i have to look at for over a month before i can use it ....this is wrong ....this is so very very very WRONG ......AMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! next time wait untill the damn motherboards are ready .......it's not wise to piss off your biggest fans.....i'm the guy who buys all your stuff.....and their are many like me .......and this motherboard shitz does not sit well with us all ............. and i know this might not be the place to post this ......but i dont care .....its not the time to screw around with our Ryzen motherboards either ....and it seems like not none of you care.....and certainly no one ...and i do mean no one anywhere is giving any insight to when we will even be able to get a damn motherboard of high end quality for our Ryzen cpu's.....

this is wrong......and the way you launched Ryzen is totally wrong ........i speak for many people when i say this to......we would like to know well in advance of a damn release date .......how do you expect anyone to plan or make the required adjustments in any budget to acquire Ryzen when for sooooooo long we went with out any information at all about the release date....this needs to change .....what i and many others would like to see is ....a sales pitch like this.....

ryzen is near (date of release) save that cash for the next innovation from AMD!!!!! .....i do not understand at all why a release date has to be such a damn secret ......all it did wuz hurt your sales......bottom line .........HURT YOUR SALES WAITING ALL THIS TIME TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT A RELEASE DATE....some people like to plan for things of this nature .......and when they can't plan ......it's off to the next big thing.....your competition!!!!!!!!! i seen it all over google plus ....

WHERE IN THE HELL ARE OUR AMD X370 motherboards????????????

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                                      ajlueke

While there does seem to be a dearth of high end X370 boards, I know quite a few X370 boards did ship on 3/2/2017.  The Crossfire VI Hero and the Asrock Fatal1ty were both in stock at my local Microcenter but have since sold out.  However, the step down boards such as the ASUS Prime Pro, MSI Gaming Carbon, and ASrock Gaming Fatal1ty K4 are all currently in stock.  In fact, the ASUS Prime Pro has been so prevalent, Microcenter no longer lists it as "In Store Only".  ASUS PRIME X370-PRO AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard PRIME X370-PRO - Micro Center.

Some boards, like the MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium have yet to ship in any real quantities to any of the major retailers.  Not sure what the hold up is there, but if you are okay with a step down X370 board as opposed to the absolute high end, there are plenty of options available.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                          kxuping

If you buy one of the CPUs in the top Ryzen 7 line, you buy a top X370 motherboard. Or you wait for Ryzen 5 and use a not highend X370 mobo.

We dont want a Ferrari engine in a Fiat body, we want the complete Ferrari.

Kxu Ping on Twitter: "Raiders of the out of stock top X370 mobos. @AMDRyzen is a hit, what can we do with a CPU and no m…

ajlueke

I would think in that analogy the Fiat would be the 350 chipset.  The step downs X370 boards would be like a lower trim option of the same car.  The base is the same, just a few spoilers and chrome decals are missing.  While I don't disagree with your point, that many who spend top dollar on the best Ryzen CPU would want to pair it with the best possible motherboard.

shaneherald however, asked where the X370 motherboards were, and I was merely pointing out that several are available.  The Crosshair VI hero was actually available on Newegg today but has since sold out again.  Just keep your eyes open!  I can post on this thread when I see boards come up if that would be helpful to anyone. 

shaneherald

yes i seen that new egg wuz getting them on the 9th.....i stayed up all dang night to wait to see the instock change.....at noon i could not take it no more and had to go to sleep....then i wake up at 4pm and newegg sends me a email at exactly 12:30 saying the boards are in stock.....30 fricken minutes after i lay down to take a nap....wtf!!!! and yes sir i want that asus crosshair VI hero ...... i have always used asus boards for my builds...i can't switch that up now ...

and yes ...i have a 1800x .... and i do want the best to put it in.....o deviated from using asus one time....well two times really and you know what happened the bio star board slowly died out ....and the ecs board blew up on day one.....  never again will i buy any other then the best asus board out.....

i like how kxuping puts it.....i have a super car engine and im not putting it in a ford pinto ......nothing but the best

i am having such bad luck getting this board .......i had a pre-order at new egg .....but a pretty dang slick sales men got me all excited saying the board would ship out on the 2nd .....so some how in the excitement .....i canceled my new egg pre order and pre ordered from amazon .....o man am i p'od. about that deal ................

and havenbreaker yes asus makes it and i know all this ......but listen here .....had amd been working with board partners from the get go of Ryzen ...and gave more information about up about there cpu's with board partners ....maybe ASUS and all the other top tier motherboard makers would have had more time to get things on the right track ....and i am very very frustrated!!! even the mb makers had no time to get ready for this .....you can't sit here and tell me they knew what they needed to know about ryzen early enough to make these boards and get them ready ......cuz THEY WERE NOT READY!!!!!!!!!!

it all started with AMD..........the right information needs to go to mb makers to have things correctly done...and they need that info sooner rather then later....

havenbreaker

shaneherald I can understand being frustrated and being mad about paying for a product and planning stuff out, but lets take a moment here and look at what is happening entirely. What does AMD make that you purchased? The Ryzen 1800x processor.
                                              Did you receive that item? Yes you did as you made clear in your post that you will be looking at it for the next month

Who makes the Mobo that you ordered? ASUS, Yes it has an AM4 socket and yes it is made for use with the Ryzen 1800x that you ordered but it is not made by AMD

Who did you order your Mobo through? Amazon, As I have seen complaints about amazon across the discord and forums since launch day I thoroughly understand you frustrations, but yet again that is not on AMD

When it comes to the Mobos Third-Parties create a platform for the CPU to work through and with. These same Third-Parties have had ample time to fill their stock so situations like this didn't happen and it seems like most did just that. However, for their Top Tier Lines they have been releasing different sets of stock at later dates which is what continues their "supply and demand" quotas.

Lets just remember that AMD came through on their part with making sure that the 1800x, 1700x, and 1700s made it to their homes. It is not on them if Third-Parties, such as ASUS as a Mobo Manufacturer and Amazon as a retailer, did not continue the same trend for their customers.

ajlueke

Update:  Looks like a few MSI XPower Titanium boards available at Central Computer in California.  They will ship the inventory to the lower 48, not just an in store only purchase.  If interested, Grab em while you can!

https://www.centralcomputers.com/p-757969-msi-x370-xpower-gaming-amd-am4crossfirex-amp-sli-atx-motherboardproduct.aspx

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                ajlueke

MSI gaming Titanium is up at Newegg now!

Go go go!!!

MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM Amd Ryzen X370 Ddr4 Vr Ready Hdmi Usb 3 Atx Gaming Motherboard-Newegg.com

They came in at Microcenter as well if you have one nearby.

MSI X370 XPower Gaming Titanium AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard X370 XPower Gaming Titanium - Micro Center  with a $40 discount.

I would have liked that board, but I am happy with the ASRock Fatal1ty Professional Gaming I got instead.

red5

actually.......... as of 2:45pm EST

ddddddd.PNG

red5

How is the ASRock board?  I wanted the red color scheme for a red and gold Ryzen build. I've got the case interior painted and am working on the lighting now. I've owned several ASRock boards and they have always been solid. Are the LEDs very bright?

ajlueke

The LEDs are actually fairly bright.  I can try to take some pictures of them when I'm back work, but I'm not sure how that will turn out with that Noctua NH-D15 in the way.  I don't really utilize the LEDs as my PC also works as a home theater PC.  ASRock seems pretty active in updating the BIOS as well.  They have added functions for disabling SMT etc.  I had issues getting the XMP profile to even POST for my memory, but I was able to set the voltages and timings manually. 

I have the board running my Ryzen 1800X at 4.0 GHz and 2,667 MHz on the memory.  I was able to achieve a 99.7% in the 3DMark Firestrike stress test.  You can see my posts on it in the Rig section under "Monolith".  I feel like I could probably OC things a bit further, but the board is running rock solid right now.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                              red5

Ok, I saw the Monolith post. That's a monster rig for an HTPC LOL, but I realize you use it for gaming and stuff.

I was going to get the ASRock board with the B350 chipset because it's going to be a LANbox and I don't want it to be very heavy, or to have dual video cards.

ajlueke

It was the best dual purpose case I could find.  It keeps everything nice and cool without beaming lights or making a ton of racket.  Usually when I have people over they think it is another speaker and don't realize it is a PC at all.  It is very heavy with all that gear inside it and the size of the case.  Definitely needs to be on the floor.

red5

Newegg always seems to have the Biostar boards in stock. Has anyone made the leap and built a Ryzen system with Biostar?