3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 6:54 AM by redfury

Radeon R9 Nitro 390 black screen

elcapitan

Hi all,

i have a question, or better said a problem.

Last Saturday while i was playing For Honor i suddenly got a white screen followed by artefacts, screen goes black and i have to hard reset the machine. So i tought.. great, last time i saw green artefacts was when my old MSI Card died...

Checked drivers, checked other games, checked stability and nothing happened, until Sunday... Sunday everytime i was playing a game the fans suddenly started spinning like mad, card goes 80 degree+ and blackscreen , unless i went out of the game.

So far i tried the DDU for driver uninstallation, new drivers, old drivers, reseated the Card, checked the wiring, even replaced my PSU, i had a Corsair CX750 now i have the RM1000x... i cant play anything, 1 or 2 minutes gameplay and i get the Graphics Card fans spinning and black screen.

While on the Desktop or running Dota ( for example ) nothing happens....

Funny thing is, i took the card out, and im using my old R9 280.... with new drivers, same issue, i dont get a black screen but i could see from wattman that the temps on the card went , in idle from 40 degrees to 80 degrees Peak... averaging 45 - 50. So.. i had to downclock a stock card both Mem and GPU so that it doesn't also fry

I have this machine since ages, i swap a card here and there, clean installs, all parts are up to date never had an issue with AMD ( and i have a parallel Intel/Nvidia laptop which runs the same games without issue )

Now i have a dead , not even 1 month old ) R9 390 which i have to send to Sapphire.... and a Card that for the time being lives as long as it runs underclocked...

So.. what am i missing here?

Thx.

• AMD Graphics Card
        • Sapphire NITRO R9 390 OC Backplate ( im running it as it came from the factory )
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop, custom built rig
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.1.2
      • Display Devices
        • Samsung S27E330H 68,6 cm Monitor , HDMI 1920x1080 res
      • Motherboard
        • Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
      • CPU/APU
        • AMD FX 8350