8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 5:16 AM by unsubscribed

Black Desert Online 3D models not loading after ReLive 17.2.1 update.

smileyhat

Computer specs:

Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 290

Desktop or Laptop: Desktop

Software version: Crimson ReLive 17.2.1

Display devices: Two monitors, I don't know the exact model numbers but will provide as much info as I can.

One is manufactured by Samsung, 1920 x 1080, at 60 Hz on a DVI adapter.

The other is by LG, 1600 x 900 at 60 Hz, also using a DVI adapter.

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Z170-P D3

CPU: Intel i5 6600

PSU: Again I don't remember an exact model or wattage, but it was Corsair and either 800W or 850W

RAM: 8 GB

A few days ago I was able to run Black Desert just fine with this system. Over the weekend I downloaded the 17.2.1 ReLive update. Upon logging into the game, I could see all the usual UI elements at the character select screen, but the part of the screen that should show my character remained black with a dark red box appearing when I hit the Connect button to log in, as seen here:

Character Select

After this the game connected and logged in like normal, giving me the usual loading screen. Once it had finished, the loading screen didn't fully disappear, instead staying faintly in the background. Once again the game's UI showed up, but my character and other objects did not. In addition to this, any elements that did appear on screen would leave behind an image or copy of itself on screen. In the next two screenshots, you can see it in the red streaks in the first image (those are supposed to be part of an animation that plays and is not supposed to remain on screen) and also in the copies of the circle menu on screen in the second screenshot.

In-Game UI 1

In-Game UI 2

The only thing that appears to clear those copies off the screen is hitting the print screen button. Other than not being able to see characters or my environment, it seemed as if I could control my character normally. I suspect the update is the cause of this issue because it's the only change I can think of making to my computer that might cause something like this since the last time I played the game.

As for other games, most don't seem affected. The only thing I've seen in another game was shadows on grass seeming to flicker in an unusual way in Elder Scrolls Online, but the issues in Black Desert are definitely more severe.

And for good measure, here are my graphical settings in Black Desert.

Update: After messing around with settings in the game, I've discovered that this problem can be avoided by starting the game in full screen instead of windowed or windowed fullscreen. However, when I alt-tab out of the game, the game automatically sets itself back to Windowed. I can still play the game after this happens, but it does mean I have to manually re-set it to full screen each time I tab out.

Still, this at least takes the issue down from game-breaking to merely irritating. However, I'm a little less certain at this point that the problem isn't more on the game's end than on the update.

Message was edited by: Justin Ross