youngwolf96

Hello,

I have the current setup:
      - Desktop PC with Windows 10 64bit
      - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 2GB HD
      - CPU: AMD FX-6300
      - MB: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

- RAM: 8GB @ 1333mhz

I always used the latest drivers from AMD and had no performance issues, but recently since 16.8 version of the driver I started having decreased performance issues. I was getting stuttering in new games, old games, literally every game I played had stuttering and decreased fps. I kept updating the driver until I got to 17.2 and the performance was terrible. For a moment I thought my GPU was so old I had to change it to a newer one. I reinstalled the windows, tried whatnot but had no difference.

I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein with 30fps!! 2001 game with 30fps. Killing floor in the main menu had 300 fps, and when played the game i had no more than 40 fps, at some areas got up to 60.
      I was really pissed. I played those games before without issues. So I decided to downgrade the driver to 15.4.1 Beta and suddenly, fps in both game increased drastically. In RCTW I got up to 90fps, and in Killing Floor in the main menu went up to 1200 fps and ingame I got 140fps and suddenly all the stuttering was gone.

So why does that happen? AMD no longer care about older GPU users? Why do I have to use old drivers?