1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 11:03 AM by leokes624

Problems with my AMD Radeon R9 380

leokes624

So I've had this computer for about a year now but I've always had random problems with it since I've bought it. This is going to be more so a list of problems that I'm curious if anybody has the answers to or has also experienced these problems as well.

1. Recently I've been having an issue where my computer will get a green screen, and then just restart itself. Now recently I have completely reformatted my HDD just because I had found a virus on my computer and so after fixing everything because of the off chance that it had damaged my windows files or something else when I got rid of it as they often do I figured my computer would be running flawlessly, well not that case after about 4 days the green screen came back. It only happened once but this time it came with a window's error report to send to Microsoft so that I'm assuming means it's a window's error? But I'm curois if any of you have had this problem and or know what might be causing said problem.

2. My GPU fans run at a lower setting then I have them placed in the radeon software, for example and I feel this may be something obvious I just don't understand about AMD software as it's new to me but I have my RPM set for the stock 1200, and its running at 300 randomly, so I'm forced to up the RPM's to about 2200 so that it will sit at about 1200 but that's 1000 less than what I've set it to, is there a reason that it doesn't sit at the exact amount I've set it too? and I've messed with the speed a bit and the degree of difference between the two chances depending on going higher or lower in speed.

3. Overheating GPU I'm assuming that #2 is the cause of this but I've also recently replaced 2 dead fans in my case and it still isn't enough, I had to up the speed on my CPU fan above my GPU and also leave the side of my case off just to keep the case at an appriroate level of heat otherwise it will idling be sitting at 60c and when I play any games even something basic it will be in the mid 70's to low 80's for no reason at all. And my GPU is the AMD Radeon R9 380 so I'm not sure if my card is going bad as I've owned this card for 18 months and I know some GPU's from AMD have short life expectancies but everything run's okay. Execpt for the very rare green screen problem I described in problem #1.

Anyway just some questions from someone who isn't the most knowledgeable and is trying to learn and understand more about this software and these cards, and if there is any screen shots via the software that I can add to maybe assist you guys let me know, but as said I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything in the proper forms and made sure windows was up to date and everything.  Any advice or help would be greatly appeciated

My specs are

Operating System

Windows 8.1 64-bit

CPU

AMD FX-8320

Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 (Socket M2)

Graphics

D32x-D1 (1920x1080@59Hz)

4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (C.P. Technology)

Radeon Software Version