Desktop or Laptop: Desktop

Operating System: Windows 10

Driver version installed: 17.2.1

Display Devices: Techwood 32 inch MPEG4 IDTV, 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz HDMI

Motherboard: MSI B85M-E45 Intel B85

CPU: Intel Core i3 4170

Power Supply Unit:  530W be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM Modular 80+ Bronze

RAM: 8GB

Hi, I recently upgraded to the RX 470 (January this year) from a GTX 750 ti. I'm definitely running games much better but I am receiving a problem that was non-existent on the 750 ti.

In almost every game I play, the textures (more commonly, the ground textures) shimmer like crazy whenever the camera is moved. It's extremely irritating and a huge eyesore to look at. I know am not the only one with this issue as a quick search on google will lead you to other users preaching same issue.

If anyone is curious to what it looks like, take a look at this video (Not mine). Pay specific attention to the ground textures.

Or at this post from the War Thunder forums which showcases it really well.

It occurs in every game I play. From War Thunder (Most extreme case I've seen so far) to Smite (Which I could run flawlessly on the 750 ti) and even The Witcher 1 (And The Witcher 3 just to add). Even outside of gaming, simply scrolling through text on a web browser, in a notepad, word document etc., the text will shimmer like crazy also. Not as irritating as I read my text still, but regardless, annoying.

I have played around with the Radeon Settings endlessly (forcing AA) but to no avail. I've been back and forth to most of the recent drivers and still nothing. I've tried switching my screen also but again no change, leading me to think this is not an error on my side, especially considering I was not experiencing this last month with the 750 ti.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or even acknowledgement from AMD that they are aware of the issue as it has seemingly been existent for just short of a year now, possibly longer.

Outcomes