AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 and legacy cards.

Question asked by tominaattori on Feb 17, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2017 by redfury

Hello.

I stumbled upon a problem after updatin my drivers from 15.7.1 to Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta. I Found out that openCL function in the latest (last) drivers were broken. I have a 3*hd6970 crossfire setup which has been used in Folding@Home project (want to contribute for cancer research) about a year now.

Anyway I wanted to try some gaming since I had some free time on my hands and as a fan of the fallout series I bought FO4. The game required me to update to the  16.2.1 Beta for it to run on crossfire setup. After some gaming it was time to let the computer do some folding while I was away. However I was very surprised to find out that all three of my adapters were not compatible with openCL anymore. OpenCL capabilityu was restored after wiping the newer drivers from my computer and reinstalling the  15.7.1 set.

I know that It might seem like a really tall order to fix the drivers on our old cards but it would be much appreciated. I might even upgrade my system later on with AMD cards and not move to the green team... Been really reluctant to retire my trusty 6970s since they all have custom waterblocks.

Outcomes