12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2017 8:07 AM by bba24

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 freezing computer every time during during installation

bba24

Just as the title says, Drivers starting with relive version keeps freezing my computer during installation usually followed by a boot hang and it deletes the restore points so a hard reset is the only option, i've tried resetting the windows settings a few times with no luck with drivers. I can enter into safe mood after few unsuccessful boot tries but when i tried to install from there it says your driver is not digitally signed when it open normally in windows normal boot, drivers from windows update are the only ones seem to be working at the moment and they are really old ( 15.0.etc ) version and everything else is a no go as it hangs the PC and i have to either reset or install a fresh copy of windows. I've already tried all possible fixes like clean installing using DDU and AMD Clean Utility fresh, but no luck. It is very disappointing as this is my first Laptop with AMD GPU and its giving me headaches, all my other laptops were with NVIDIA GPUs and they worked and updated Flawlessly. Sorry for my bad English as it is not my native language.

I am using Laptop Acer Aspire V5-561G

Intel Core I5-4200U 1.6 up to 2.6

8 GB RAM DDR3 L Memory

Switchable Graphics

Intel HD Graphics 4000

AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB VRAM

1 TB HDD

Windows 10 Pro version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)