1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 2:43 PM by kingfish

Notebook GPU won't go past a certain core clock rate

mizo

Hello!

I am experiencing problems with my older laptop which has AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphic card. The GPU core clock won't go past 400 MHz even though the default max. core clock should be 725 MHz. It is exactly 400 MHz, no matter what game do I run. The GPU memory clock is at 800 MHz under load. I have tried reinstalling the newest drivers and Catalyst control center multiple times, I have also tried some older versions of CCC and did the clean install I found here on forums (using DDU). Nothing helped. The card sits at 100 MHz without any load and upon entering any game it jumps to 400 MHz, never higher or lower. The temperature of GPU is not high in games, usually 65-70 °C.

All newest windows updates are installed. The laptop is running on maximum performance power plan and the games use "High performace" setting in the CCC. The difference in performance is noticeable, I remember playing the same games years ago and they were running much better. Many of them are barely playable right now.

Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you very much!

Michal