1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 4:07 PM by kingfish

AMD Radeon 7970M Driver/Radeon Settings not working!

sasha831

My Specs:

• MSI Gx60 Hitman Edition Laptop
      • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8650G
      • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970M
      • CPU: AMD A10-5750M

My Problem:

As of a few month ago, the 7970M has stopped working as it is meant to - First, a code 43 popped up in the device manager, and after many attempts at doing complete clean reinstall of all AMD drivers, using both those provided by AMD and those by MSI, which seemed to do nothing, at one point the error disappeared and it just started working again. Only problem was that whenever I tried to open the Radeon Settings, I would get a "No AMD driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly..." message. None the less, the graphics card appeared to work, and any attempt at driver reinstallation would bring back the code 43 error for a while, without fixing this one, so I left it at that.

The worked for a few month, however earlier today I've gotten the code 43 error again, and games such as CSGO or Rainbow Seige Six refuse to recognize that the 7970M even exists. Every time I've tried to do complete reinstalls/updates, the error 43 goes away, yet the games still refuse to use the 7970M - when I try to launch Radeon Settings I'm stuck with the previous "No AMD driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly..." message. After a very short while, error 43 reappears for no apparent reason, and I'm back where I've started.

Any advice would be very welcome as I'm getting very annoyed at the constant issues I've been having with AMD for the past few month.