AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there still Dual Graphics Support in Crimson?

Question asked by tread on Feb 14, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 by tread

Hi,

I tested some Frames on the R7 240, with an A8-7650K with 6 R7 200 Suport Cores.

First I installed the Catalyst 13.35 drivers from the mainboard manufacturer.

They have the ``Activate Dual Graphics'' Option.

Civilization 5 ran on pure performance with 60 Frames at least,

I'm pretty sure, the Game limits at 60Hz, maybe because of the drivers.

With fairly high settings, High Detail, etc, it was only 28-38 fps,

the 60fps where more constant.

Then I installed first the 16.12.2 drivers, after a few test the 17.2.1 drivers, Crimson ReLive.

With the same settings, the fairly high ones, I got, again, 60, 61fps max, so Fraps says.

That at least doubled the performance of the R7 240. (At least, if framepacing is stuck at 60Hz.)

So, it sounds stupid, but I want to be sure, the Crimson ReLive drivers supports Dual Graphics?

Even if, you don't have to configure it?

Second question is, the new APUs don't support Dual Graphics anymore?

Or don't you just not advertise with it?

60fps on an R7 240 with lots of high detail configuration, with the support of 6 R7 supportcores on the A8,

is something to be content about.

On of the best developments, one of the biggest progress in the history of the personal computer.

Affordable (I just don't like to spell Performance), even if you just play round based strategy games, or adventures,

Not so much generated heat, because the computer needs an CPU anyway, hence, quiteter.

So I hope, Dual Graphics is still there. Hoping some day on the Summit Ridge.

What about the AMD Profiles? There was on for civilization_dx11.exe. (For the AMD CrossFire Modus, helped.)

There are altogether quite a few Profiles, but still not enough, i presume, looking at the available games.

If I buy a game in the future.., well, i like performance, must be the good pictures.

What leads to the last, and rather embarrassing question, ``Gaming Evolved''?

Well I sometimes read boulevard, I don't have to much expertise around me in

everyday live, BUT I HEARD, the ``Gaming Evolved'' Contract with raptr isn't anymore.

True or not? (don't trick me, I can still download the app)

Thands in advance,

hope for answere

Tread

Outcomes