1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 1:17 PM by beekaboom

Problem with R9 270X with Atikmdag.sys

beekaboom

my problem started when i tried to install the gpu driver (latest ofc) which is the 17.2.1 ReLive,anyway when the setup was working normally it reached "installing AMD display driver"but then it gives me a BSOD with the massage saying SYSYEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (atikmdag.sys) i tried other versions of the driver but with no luck at all

System Specs:

i7-3770 3.4Ghz

8GB DRR3 1600mhz

PSU 300w HEC

500 HDD WD Black

the PC is a Dell Optiplex 7010 so the motherboard is the one that came with it

Windows 10 Pro

AMD Sapphire R9 270X dual force

Samsung SyncMaster 2494

Solutions i tried:

booting into safe,using DDU and trying every single driver version i had no luck (gives me an error in the setup saying "failed to load driver detector or something can't remember")

booting normally after installing windows all over again and installing the driver,still no luck

any help would be appreciated as i know that this is an old problem so i suppose a lot of people had it and fixed it.

Thanks in advance

Edit:So i got a reply but not in this community forum where basically someone told me that my PSU could be the problem i'm not sure and still need confirmation