5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2017 3:08 AM by redfury

Having a really bad performance lately

periki

Hello AMD family, I've been experiencing some really bad performance with my PC for a few weeks and I don't know what else to do. Here is my rig.

CPU: FX-8350 OC 4.5GHz Black Edition

CPU Cooling: Watercooling system by Enermax Liqmax 120S

GPU: MSI R9 380 2GB Armor Edition 2x

Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming

RAM: 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz from Kingston. 3x4

PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 730w Modular

Driver Version: Tried from 16.7 to 17.1.2

Screen: ASUS VS208N-P 1600x900 60Hz

I only use my PC for gaming, I only play Overwatch and sometimes League of Legends. A few weeks ago, I've been feeling that my games were a bit weird with the fps, and yeah, I was correct, the fps in general dropped like 100 fps more or less in each game, and sometimes in teamfights, going down to 30-40 fps if I am lucky. These are not any kind of good performance for these games with my PC specs, so I've been looking around and trying a lot of different stuff, I've uninstalled the drivers using DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility and installing them again or using older drivers, I tried 16.12.1 and 17.1.2 and went down to 16.7.3, more down I went, worse were the FPS. I've tried to put everything on default, overclocks, configurations and nothing changed, FPS got even worse. I've uninstalled Windows 10 and did a clean Installation, nothing changed. So I were pretty curious of what was my PC working on, I used AMD Wattman and MSI Afterburner to check the GPU and CPU usage during the game and here is the weird thing. Everything is so cold, really cold to be an AMD system (no offense), I say it is cold because always my GPU ran at 80-85 degrees celsius playing Overwatch, because I have it overclocked, 78 degrees if it is not, since I have this problem, the GPU is running at 58 degrees, CPU got the same problem, I have it overclocked and under run it is usually around 50 degrees, now it is around 38, quite impressive, but not good, because it is performing really bad. So with this in mind I thought it was a configuration with the power saving or something like that, but no, checked my BIOS, checked my system, my OS and everything it's at the max without limits...

So as I said, I only do play Overwatch and League of Legends, these are my Settings in Overwatch, but its not important, because I tried like every setting and nothing changed:

Fullscreen 1600x900 60Hz

V-Sync: Disable

Triple Buffer: Disable

Reduce Buffering: Enable

FPS: Unlocked

Render Scale: 100%

Textures: High

Texture Filtering: Epic 16x

Local fog: Low

Dynamic reflections: Disable

Shadow Quality: Low

Model Quality: Ultra

Effects Quality: Low

Ilumination Quality: Low

Antialiasing: Ultra: SMAA High

Refraction Quality: Low

Screen Capture Quality: 1x

Local Reflections: Disable

Ambient Oclussion: Disable

Here is an screenshot of my game usage, as you can see, there are some artifacts in the game for some reason.

Overwatch_2017_02_14_15_43_54_718.jpgOverwatch_2017_02_14_15_44_43_879.jpg

As you can see, there are a lot of visual bugs, yeah, the game is running at 100-120 fps you can say, but it doesnt feel like it, there are jumps in the image, and this is training map, when it's a real multiplayer game with other players, the game goes crazy and the fps goes really down. Any ideas?